Jobs & Careers
By working for the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, you’ll have access to a wider range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips.
Our Human Resources department is located on the 8th floor of the main hospital building. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm.
If you are looking for job announcements within the Wilmington VAMC facility, you can find them on bulletin boards located on the 8th floor of the hospital. You can also obtain job application forms and information regarding specific job requirements by visiting the Human Resources department.
For additional information regarding Nursing Career Opportunities with the VA Medical Center, contact our Nurse Recruiter Michelle Hailey at 1-800-461-8262 ext. 4020.
A description of employee benefits is available on the US Office of Personnel Management Employment and Benefits page*. Please note that benefits may differ for professional clinical occupations including physicians and registered nurses.
Psychology Training Internship Program
The psychology internship at the Wilmington VA is newly established and therefore not yet accredited by the American Psychological Association. Graduates of this internship program prior to accreditation are eligible to apply for postdoctoral fellowship positions and employment within the VA. Learn more
Click the link HERE and see what Academic Programs are available here at Wilmington VA Medical Center.
Requirements for Residents/Students
According to 38 CFR 1.218- Security and Law Enforcement at VA Facility
-Hatchets -Alcoholic Beverages -Clubs
Documents to be completed by the Institution:
- Must have a current Affiliation Agreement with the Wilmington VAMC Jennifer Coy (alternate) via e-mail ( Jennifer.Coy2@va.gov)https://www.va.gov/oaa/agreements.asp
- If you do not have a current one on file with the Wilmington VAMC Academic Affiliations, Education & Research Office to initiate this process.
- Contact LaShaunda Isaac (primary) via e-mail (LaShaunda.Isaac@va.gov) or
- Complete a Trainee Qualifications and Credentials Verification Letter (TQCVL) each academic year for all residents/students.
- If this is a new program for at the Wilmington VAMC, please contact LaShaunda Isaac.
Forms to be completed by all Residents/Students:
90 days prior to rotation submit the following:
- OF-306 Declaration for Federal Employment
- Application for Residents and/or Health Professions Trainees
- VA Privacy and Security Awareness and Rules of Behavior (Appendix A)
- Packaged Rules of Behavior
- Create an account for Mandatory Online Training (for non-stipend)
- After account has been created complete the following:
- TMS Item#: 3185966 = VHA Mandatory Training for Trainees
- TMS Training Completion Certificates (print)
- Fingerprinting (driver’s license and a social security card or passport)
- Background Investigation Request Worksheet
VA Job Applications and Forms
Application instructions specific to each job posting can be found at the end of the announcement in the “How to Apply” section. Most positions require you to apply online, while some healthcare positions allow you to merely submit a resume/curriculum vitae to be considered. Each announcement also includes a “Required Documents” section that lists all the forms and documents required to be considered.
VA has several different application forms based on your occupation type. If the job announcement requires a particular application in the “Required Documents” section of the announcement, look in the table below to find the correct form for your occupation, as well as additional required forms.
Responding to a Job Announcement
Be sure to follow the “How to Apply” and “Required Documents” instructions given in the job announcement. They are your primary guide for responding to a posted opening. The vast majority of positions require an online application with the exception of a few healthcare occupations therefore it is important to fully complete the online application process after which you should receive a system-generated confirmation via email.
If you are unable to comply with the application instructions and require assistance or if you have additional questions, you should contact the point of contact in the “Agency contact information” section at the bottom of the announcement.
The documents below are in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view them. Acrobat Reader software can be downloaded for free.
|Form Number||Form Description|
|Download 10-2850||Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Chiropractors|
|Download 10-2850A||Application for Advanced Practice Nurse, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist, Nurse Practitioner, and Registered Nurse|
|Download 10-2850C||Application for Associated Health Occupations|
|Download 10-2850D||Application for Health Professions Trainees|
|Download OF-306||Declaration for Federal Employment form|
|Download OPM Form 1203 FX||Qualifications and Availability Form C and Occupational Questionnaire|
|Download SF 15||Application for 10-point Veterans Preference|
|Download US Application
|Use this cover page when faxing application materials for jobs posted by a Delegated Examining Unit, or in other limited cases when instructions indicate a fax will be accepted.|