Wilmington VA Medical Center
The Patient Education Resource Center is open to patients, families and visitors Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. The Patient Education Resource Center is located on the first floor of the main facility in Room 1232.
Browse the numerous health brochures, view health oriented videos, or use the MyHealtheVet computers to access your VA health information. A Registered Nurse is also available to assist you with your questions.
The My HealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable patient education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with My HealtheVet, you will be able to:
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
- send secure messages to your primary care or specialty clinic team *
- download your lab work (within seven days of being drawn) *
- view pending and past appointments *
NOTE: Some features require in-person authentication. You may request your In-Person Authentication through the My HealtheVet office.
Patient Health Education Classes
- Diabetes Management and Education
- MOVE! Weight Management Program
- Smoking Cessation
- Colonoscopy Preparation Information
Government Sponsored Patient Health Information Links
- Center for Women Veterans
- Healthfinder (NHIC)
- Household Products Database (NIH)
- Medline Plus (NIH)
- National Nutrient Database (USDA)
- VA National Center for Health Promotion
- VA National Center for Hepatitis C Program
Links to Other Health Resources: