VA » Health Care » Wilmington VA Medical Center » Health Care Services » Weight Management Program (MOVE!)
Wilmington VA Medical Center
Weight Management Program (MOVE!)
What is MOVE!?
- MOVE! is a national weight management program designed by the VA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP) to help Veterans lose weight, keep it off and improve their health.
- Veterans who receive health care at VA facilities are estimated to have higher levels of overweight and obesity (approximately 70-74%) than the general US population (64%).
- Poor diet and physical activity may overtake smoking to become the nation's leading cause of preventable death.
- Research studies show that overweight and obese individuals are at increased risk for a number of health conditions.
- Overweight and obesity and their associated health problems have a significant economic impact on the US health care system.
Who can participate in MOVE!?
- The MOVE! Program is designed for veterans enrolled in the VA healthcare system who want assistance with managing their weight. Talk to your primary care team to learn more about the MOVE! program and how to participate.
How can you get involved with MOVE!?
- The MOVE! Program is divided into different levels to meet your individual needs.
- MOVE! allows you to control your weight management program making you a partner with your healthcare team. You get to decide how involved you want to be. Complete the MOVE!23 Patient Questionnaire online and bring it to your VA healthcare team.
MOVE! Health Information Links:
- 302-994-2511 Ext. 5595
Hours of Operation
Monday thru Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm